Received this not long ago in my inbox:
Please circulate this, and try to come tomorrow.
Watch for a coming email announcing SF vigil action on Saturday. Busy weekend! Please send me opt-ins or outs of endorsements.
Emergency Rally in Solidarity with the Egyptian People
Friday, February 11, 2011
UN Plaza (Market St. between 7th & 8th Sts.), San Francisco
PLEASE COME DRESSED IN RED, BLACK, AND/OR WHITE
Why: After 17 days of nationwide street protests demanding regime change, after 300+ peaceful demonstrators were murdered by state security, on February 10th Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's much-anticipated address to the nation defiantly announced he is staying on and blamed "foreign influences" for the "unrest." The Egyptian liberation movement has declared February 11th a national martyr's day.We will stand with them, hold our hands in prayer, and tell their stories.
Our primary objective is to support the unified demands of the Egyptian people:
1. Immediate end to Egyptian state violence against civilian protesters, journalists and human rights group; immediate release of political prisoners.
2. Immediate and orderly transition of power from Mubarak to an interim government.
3. Dissolving parliament and forming an interim national unity committee from all spectra.
4. Elect a new parliament as soon as possible through fair and free elections.
5. Revising the Egyptian constitution, primarily to allow for: a) guarantee political freedoms and equity; b) limit number of presidential terms
6. The Egyptian people have the right to choose their own leaders.
Inquiries: Omar Ali, 415.244.4929 415.244.4929; Yasmin Samy, 510.379.8922 510.379.8922