Monday, May 05, 2008

3rd Carnival Thoughts and Suggestions

So, as you may or may not already know, I'm hosting the Third Feminist Carnival of Sexual Freedom and Autonomy!

w00t!

So, I'm looking forward to it, and I hope you are too. This post serves to let you know this is going on, and to prompt you for any writings you might want to submit.

We're in an interesting position this time around, as the issue that has dominated the feminist blogosphere for the past month or so have been issues to do with race. And I can't imagine I'm the only one who was been struggling with what it means to be an ally, and where my understanding of feminism fits into the picture.

In talking with Lina in preparation for this carnival, she also pointed out that it seems those of us in the "sex positive" category tend to be aligned more often and more vocally with WOC feminists. I have to admit I've noticed the same, especially in the case of WOC and sex workers. Why is this? Is it because as one starts to understand the intersections of oppression they tend to be more invested in and accepting of other various intersections? I think this would be one of many potentially good topics that could be explored for this edition of the Carnival.

Examining the intersections of sexual freedom/autonomy and anti-racist activism is one area I hope we will be able to explore, but as usual anything examining sexual freedom will be happily accepted. Any ideas for further prompts in the comments are more than welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully