Friday, December 14, 2007

Diva Cup reviewed

Yes!!

Feminist Review has acknowledged the awesome that is the menstrual cup (in it's Diva incarnation)!

I've used one of these for about a year and a half now, and I would never, EVER go back.

Couple this plug with the recent post from Samhita about DIY menstrual products which included Jessica Valenti's comment that she loves her Diva as well (I guess it's gone well since her initial questions about it) and I'd say cups are getting some very decent exposure of late. I can only hope that the commercials are not too far off, these things would change so many women's menstrual lives it's not even funny. Not to mention the positive impact on the environment!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I love Softcups, which is basically the same thing. I should try Diva Cups to see if they're any different. Are they available in most drug stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly they are not widely available yet. However if you go to the website; http://divacup.com/ there is a "Store locater" that will find you the closest place that carries them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The DivaCup is very fabulous indeed. I know the DivaCup may look a little scary at first, but it’s made of soft medical grade silicone – the kind used for replacement heart valves and knees. It's not uncomfortable for me a bit...

    Not only am I protecting my body from harmful bleaching agents used in pads/tampons, but I'm protecting the environment too... whoot whoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received my DivaCup and and will never go back to anything else! South Coast Shopping hasthem on sale for only $16.99! Diva Cup Model 1 and Model 2

    ReplyDelete

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully