Thursday, January 10, 2008

ZOMG

So, Anthony Bourdain has a blog, which I just yesterday discovered, and which made me incredibly happy, because his show on Travel is one of the very few things I miss about not having cable.

Is it absolutely terrible that his making fun of my old boss (and hubby's current boss) made me break out into fangirl grinning?

Michael Ruhlman had cut and pasted something for me and sent it along for my "immediate attention". It indicated under "subject" that it had originated from the Food Network and it looked like a press release, so I assumed it would be of about as much interest to me as Guy Fieri's hair styling tips or Carrot Top's breakfast preferences.


I immediately ran in to tell husband, "ZOMG BOURDAIN KNOWS WHO GUY IS! TELL HIM HE SHOULD BE TOTALLY FLATTERED!"

But you know, it is true.


**I was so excited I posted this before I even found this, further down**

There's last year's Great Hope, Guy Fieri, who reminds me of the "Poochie" character in the classic Simpson's episode where it is decided that Itchy and Scratchy need a "hip, in-your-face, pro-active" new sidekick to bring in a younger demographic. Poochie (and seemingly Guy) is created by committee and an assemblage of compiled stats from focus groups: "Twenty percent more rasta" "needs more surfer"...


>.<

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully