Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Highlights

You know the drill, these are the highlights of my weekly reading, that I just couldn't see pass by without pointing to. Want more? I have a widget on the right sidebar of this blog where I recommend as I read through my Google Reader.

Walking Away: The Luxury Of An Ally

Killing Me Softly

purity and mixed up-ness

U.S. Soldier Killed Herself -- After Refusing to Take Part in Torture

Stay At Home Mother Not Considered A Professional

Debunking White: Teaching Children

purity and mixed up-ness

Women As A Tool To Justify Transphobia

stop hitting. start dancing

after the trial
(on Angie Zapata)
A Candle For Angie

Dominican Republic Passes Complete Ban on Abortion

We Shall Remain - "Through Native Eyes"?

Mysterious Viruses, Pt. 4. Swine Flu

Shaming Radical Love

The Craigslist Killer: Just A Normal Guy

women and prisons

Two quite different reviews of The Purity Myth by, Jessica Valenti:
The Purity Myth, a review
A Review of Jessica Valenti’s The Purity Myth, and my Prayer that Purity Proponents Read it

Compelling "17 Again" Review from Elizabeth Banks

The 40-Year-Old Virgin: Sex Ed
whatsername says: I actually still like this movie, but I thought the review and critique was excellent

Woodland dentist who molested patients gets 6 years in prison

The Story of a CAFO Survivor

Transgeneration
A documentary via Transgriot

The Construct of Whiteness

loyal five words

Addicted to Survivalism

Woman is the Nigger of the World

Liberation And Rain
I want raise the bar and brazenly suggest that “poor” people are the natural leaders of all people. And that includes the middle class, the rich, the underemployed working class and so on.


On Thinking of Human Beings As Trash and Other Tragedies of Resources

Post-Racial Princeton? Not in Municipal Court