Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Upcoming Series: Dr. Horrible

So, last semester some of you may recall I wrote a paper on Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog. Some people requested copies to read and feedback was generally positive. I was pretty proud of it. Well, after seeing Cara's series on John Lennon and Yoko Ono I thought, "oh! That paper could be turned into a series!" So, I'm going to be working on that over the next couple weeks. Obviously, if you're a Joss Whedon fan or critic this will probably be of interest to you, and if not, well, it still might be interesting. :P

Speaking of Joss, still feel free to leave comments of what you thought about Dollhouse on that post, we've got a few threads going already. Since writing it I've noticed there's a lot of negative feedback going around the net. I'll admit I'm surprised. One episode is not a lot to judge from, and it seemed like a pretty multi-layered premise to me (not at first, but after watching...). I said in the last post that I liked how they set up the realism of the show, and in that what I especially meant was the way in which they've set up how a personality imprint works. One of the more engaging conversations I've had was at Daughter of the Ring of Fire where we looked at just that personality aspect.