Monday, November 19, 2007

Short But Sweet

I want my "Strength Through Diversity" post to stay at the top for a little while longer. It's important to me and I'd like people to read it. :) Also I'm rather tired from work this week so far.

However, I was reading an article today in the New York Times about Michelle Bachelet, which I found interesting. I was rather inspired when she won the Presidency of Chile, it felt like a good step forward for South America in general.

I was also reading this article on the cost of contraceptives on college campuses. The story about how the prices on these are going to shoot up came out a while ago, but there is a measure that's been put forward to insert College Health Centers into the new rules so that they can continue to dispense at a discounted rate to students. Please, please, please take a second to contact any of these Congresspeople (each of whom is sponsoring a bill to allow this to happen) to let them know this measure is important to you; Representative Joseph Crowley, Senator Barack Obama and Senator Claire McCaskill.

Also, I love Kevin Smith. And I love Seth Rogen. And I think their styles are awesomely compatible. Thus, this is one of the best things I've heard in months!

**Update** Check out this fantastic piece from one of the founders of my favorite magazine, Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully